WEEE - Disposal of Electrial and Electronic Equipment
Product Take-Back Programme in the United Kingdom
You can now recycle your old electricals with us. If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
The Keysight take-back program provides Keysight customers with environmentally responsible solutions for disposal and recycling of electronic equipment in compliance with national WEEE regulations. Keysight’s UK registration code issued by the Environment Agency is WEE/BF/0090VT.
Keysight is a member of the compliance scheme WEEE Compliance UK (WCUK) which processes and recycles approved electronic products. From designated collection points located at Reading, Manchester and Edinburgh, Keysight will transport your eligible waste products to WCUK facilities for recycling.
Acceptance of non-Keysight equivalent products will be determined at the time that the inquiry is made.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Identify the electronic equipment that you want to be recycled: make, model, serial number.
- Fill in and submit the Keysight take-back web form.
- Upon reception of the completed web form, Keysight Customer Care Center will process your request and will contact you if there would be any questions.
- The eligibility of the product return will be communicated by e-mail.
- In case the return is accepted, an Keysight representative will contact you to confirm details and arrange hand-over of equipment.
- On completion of the recycling process WCUK can provide you a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) for your records. If a CoD is required, please select this option on the web form.
- Go to the Keysight take back Web form to initiate a recycling request. If you have questions, please contact your Customer Care Center: 0800 0260637.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.